Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Orphan's Table

I read about a new activity this year for Orphan Sunday. The Orphan's Table from The Christian Alliance for Orphans
You can still order one for you family if anyone wants to order a kit and join us for lunch on Nov 6th after the 11:30 service at Cottonwood Creek...if you are in Allen, Texas.

We're trying to find a way to encourage our children to have an "attitude of gratitude" towards life especially when it comes to meals. Apparently I need to take a few more lessons from my friend Karol;)as I too struggle to create foods that are yummy, budget friendly and healthy on occasion. (But I figure the the Flintstones vitamin covers "a multitude of sins" as far as nutritional deficiencies are concerned)

It is hard to remember how truly spoiled we are and have many choices for food. Tonight we prayed for our soon-to-be son in another country. I wondered what he ate today? I wonder what he will think of Tex-mex...or Ramen noodles;)

No comments:

Post a Comment