Monday, July 23, 2012

Beyond a Snap

 Beyond a Snap

For a while we've blogged about Lifesong School in Zambia...and earlier this month God allowed me to spend some time with these incredible kiddos and staff. I was able to get to know the precious first grader that we sponsor and to meet some of her family too!


 I went to Zambia initially to deliver sports equipment & underwear, learn, love on the kiddos, serve the amazing teachers and staff at Lifesong School, Shane & Mitzi McBride (fabulous missionaries) and sample the yummy strawberries from Lifesong Farms. On these and in countless other ways God did not disappoint. Oh yes, the berries are amazing!



I had the opportunity to learn from so many gifted and truly incredible people, who serve and minister far beyond the campus.


He revealed more of Himself each time I heard, "Auntie, Auntie take a snap!" as hope filled and often silly kiddos posed for pictures...and took many of their own.







In each fist bump and hug I felt His desire to connect and to know me. Every giggle, song and cheer I heard God's delight.

















When the older kids, especially the boys gave some of their lunch (a special lunch of chicken provided by First Baptist of McKinney) to the younger ones, it echoed God's message of provision and sacrifice. There were many moments when His confirmation and blessing were so precious and personal. His lavishness just overwhelmed.

In the compound, He allowed me to touch the hands and to look into the beautifully wrinkled face of love and strength...and to ask for His blessing.

 At times words from Isaiah 6 echoed in my head, “Woe to me!”... “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips...and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”and I was overcome. I knew that I had seen Zambia as God did and I would not ever be the same. 








God had led me halfway across the world to Garneton, Zambia to show me more of Himself beyond a snap.


No comments:

Post a Comment