Sunday, October 2, 2011

Awkward Comments and His Truth

Strange and true things that have been said to me at different times during our journey to a family.

Infertility/Miscarriage
"You just need to relax."
"Wow, I'm Fertile Myrtle."
"You'll see them again."
"You can try again."
"At least it was early."

Psalm 139:15-16 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.


Foster Parenting
"I could never do that. How do you let them go?"
"You must have the patience of Job."
"You know where they (children) come from right?"
"Are they twins?"
"Are you a daycare?"

Joshua 1:9...Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.



Adoptive Parenting
"Are they all yours?"
"Which one is yours?"
"Oh, okay, like Angelina."

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment