Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sooo...Now What?

God, we're open, sooo...now what?
At first it seems like a difficult place to be, but really it's the best place to be. Yielded and open to God.  On your knees, both figuratively and actually on your knees in prayer. Being open while seeking God's direction. Ready to act. Ready to wait.  A place where He can lead you...and He will lead you as you allow Him to.

So, what does that have to do with adoption, foster care or orphan care? Everything.

The truly great thing about asking God for directions is that He will give them to you.

God, would you have me adopt a child? From where would you have me adopt a child?
God, would you have me work with an agency? Which agency?
God, would you have me foster a child?  Would you have me foster siblings?
God, would you have me support orphans?  How would you have me support orphans? 

Proverbs 3:5-6  "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

No comments:

Post a Comment